This bacon fried rice is simple to make and can be tailored to your taste preferences. Plus, it’s perfect for those who love bacon as much as we do. If you want a vegetarian version, simply use vegetarian bacon or a vegetarian protein option. Ready to get started? Let’s go over the ingredients you’ll need and how to prepare this homemade fried rice!
I am using bacon for the protein of this fried rice. You can use any kind of bacon, such as smoked or turkey bacon. If you aren’t a fan of bacon or want a vegetarian option you can omit the bacon from the recipe or use a vegetarian protein option.
For this bacon fried rice, I’m using half white jasmine rice and half cauliflower rice. This is to give you more volume while adding more vegetables and lowering the calories of the dish. If you aren’t worried about extra vegetables or calories you can use all jasmine or white rice or use all cauliflower rice if you want even lower calories. Other good options for rice would be basmati rice or brown rice.
This is a simple fried rice recipe so I’m using frozen peas and green onion along with the cauliflower rice for the vegetables. You can customize this to your liking and add more vegetables, such as onions, carrots, and zucchini.
I’m using two whole eggs for this bacon-fried rice. You can use less or more depending on your taste preference. You can also use just egg whites if you are trying to lower the fat or calories of the dish.
I am using salt, pepper, garlic powder, and low sodium soy sauce to season the fried rice. It’s a simple seasoning combination that works great. If you want to add some heat to your fried rice you can use cayenne pepper as well.
Bacon Fried Rice
Total Time 25 Minutes
*Please note that the nutritional information provided is an estimate only and may vary depending on the ingredients used. Calories listed are per serving.*
- 1 1/2 Cups Cooked White Rice
- 1 1/2 Cups Cauliflower Rice
- 4 Strips Of Bacon (any bacon will work)
- 2 Eggs
- 4 TBSP Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Peas (or canned)
- 1/2 Cup Green Onions (diced)
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
*Disclosure, below are affiliate links to products we recommend. We do not include links to products we have not used or honestly recommend*
What You Will Need
Find All Our Favorite Kitchen Tools In The Kitchunlimited Shop
Dice your green onions and bacon. Measure out and set aside the rest of your ingredients to make things easier during the cooking process.
Preheat your frying pan to medium-high heat and add your chopped bacon. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until it starts to brown up.
Add the cauliflower rice and Jasmine rice to the cooked bacon and mix. Cook for 2-3 minutes while stirring frequently so it doesn’t cook unevenly.
Add the peas to the fried rice and cook for 1-2 minutes while stirring. Add the soy sauce and mix well until combined.
Create a space in the middle of your rice mixture and add your eggs. Allow them to cook for 1-2 minutes and then mix them into the rice. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Add green onion, stir well and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
Serve and Enjoy!
- For best results cook your rice the night before and store it in the refrigerator. This allows the rice to firm up and fry better. freshly cooked rice can have a much softer texture that doesn’t fry as well.
Can I make bacon fried rice vegetarian?
Yes! You can omit the bacon from the recipe or use a vegetarian protein option.
Why Is My Fried Rice Soggy?
This can happen if the rice is overcooked or has been sitting for too long. To avoid this, make sure to cool down the cooked rice before adding it to the pan and cook everything quickly over high heat. It’s Best to cook your rice the night before and chill it in the fridge.
Can I Meal Prep Bacon Fried Rice?
Yes, bacon fried rice is a great dish to meal prep! Simply cook the fried rice and store it in an airtight container and reheat fried rice in the microwave when you’re ready to eat.
Why Does Cold Rice Work Best For Fried Rice?
Cold rice works best for fried rice recipes because it helps to keep the grains separate and prevents them from becoming soggy. This is because cold leftover rice has had time to dry out a bit, making it perfect for frying.
How Long Is Leftover Rice Good For?
Your leftover fried rice can be stored in the fridge for up to four days. Make sure it is stored properly in an airtight container.
Bacon Fried Rice (Quick & Easy Recipe
- 4 Strips Bacon or vegetarian protein if preferred
- 1 1/2 Cups Jasmine Rice cooked and chilled
- 1 1/2 Cups Cauliflower Rice fresh or frozen
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Peas or frozen
- 1/2 Cup Diced Green Onions
- 4 Tbsp Soy Sauce I used light soy sauce
- 2 Eggs whole or whites
- Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder to Taste
- Dice your green onions and bacon. Measure out and set aside the rest of your ingredients to make things easier during the cooking process.
- Preheat your frying pan to medium-high heat and add your bacon. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until it starts to brown up.
- Add the cauliflower rice and Jasmine rice to the bacon and mix. Cook for 2-3 minutes while stirring frequently so it doesn't cook unevenly.
- Add the peas to the fried rice and cook for 1-2 minutes while stirring. Add the soy sauce and mix well until combined.
- Create a space in the middle of your rice mixture and add your eggs. Allow them to cook for 1-2 minutes and then mix them into the rice. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Add green onions, stir well and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- For best results cook your rice the night before and store it in the refrigerator. This allows the rice to firm up and fry better. freshly cooked rice can have a much softer texture that doesn't fry as well.
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this bacon fried rice recipe. If you have any questions or comments go ahead and leave them in the comments below or feel free to email us. What are your favorite rice dish recipes? Did this bacon fried rice make it into the list of your favorite recipes? Let us know in the comments below. For more awesome recipes check below.